I discovered this recipe many many years back when my mom and I are finding a new way to cook our pasta for Christmas. I did a few adjustments to the ingredients and it turned out quite well. On my birthday month, I'd like to share with you this rich and creamy pasta recipe with a subtle kick of pineapple.
|Pork and Mushroom in Sour Cream Pasta: my version of pasta carbonara|
Here's how to prepare this yummy pasta recipe...
- 1/2 kilo San Remo Fettuccine
- 1/2 kilo lean ground pork
- 1 big can pieces and stems mushroom, drained
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- oil for sautéing
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups evaporated milk mixed with 3/4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup Del Monte unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 tsp. iodized salt (or 2 tsp. iodized rock salt)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 each, red and green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (or as much as you want)
- Cook pasta according to package instruction. (We usually drop in a bouillon cube so the pasta can have a flavor on its own. For this recipe, drop in a chicken bouillon cube if you want but do away with the salt if the pasta package instruction calls for it).
- Sauté pork until brown then add the mushrooms. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Drain excess oil and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add flour and mix thoroughly until mixture is consistent. Remove from heat then gradually add the milk mixture while stirring constantly.
- Drop in the two chicken cubes and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens. Add the pineapple juice, cooked meat and mushrooms, bell peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and blend thoroughly. Top with grated cheese and enjoy!