Advertise Your Business with The Pinoy Wanderer

Current Western Union Rates for Domestic Money Transfer In The Philippines

     Because of their current location in the US, my brother occasionally accepts money remittance from his co-workers. Just like what happened last week when they were in an isolated area and his colleague's family in the Philippines really needed the cash. He does not do this all the time, only when I have spare money in my wallet. I pay for it initially then he just pays me later in bulk (wayyy later if I may say) so we can save on the remittance charges. We split what's left of what his friends paid him, less of course the amount we spent on sending. We normally accept when his friends will send money to a BPI account or a BDO account (I can visit these banks readily and they're convenient) but since it was an emergency, we obliged to send via Western Union. 


     Of course I needed to know how much I will be paying for sending the money via Western Union so I Googled how much they charge for $300 (approximately P13,200 at that time). I don't know why it isn't readily posted on the Western Union website so I looked elsewhere. I found some info, yeah, but too bad, it was erroneous information. So imagine my surprise when I was asked to pay P540.00 to send P13,200.00 to somewhere in Quezon. Well anyway, for your reference, I took a photo of the poster displaying the current rates for sending money domestically (to and from anywhere in the Philippines) via Western Union.

CURRENT WESTERN UNION DOMESTIC MONEY TRANSFER FEE (as of May 2014)


Advertisements






     The poster is a bit dilapidated, maybe I'll post a nicer photo next time. For now, be glad that you have the correct rates, LOL!

POST UPDATE (February 2019): Photo below is a screenshot of their most current domestic rates for sending money within the Philippines. You can visit their site for further details.


     Have a great day everyone. Until my next wandering!

*Western Union logo used for reference purposes only. tags: current Western Union rates for sending money within the Philippines 2014, Western Union domestic rates 2014
Show comments
Hide comments

14 comments:

  1. thanks for the infos, it helps a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...until now, their site doesn't post the updated charge rate, it's like "gulatan technique" tsk tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means they don't have any dedicated person for updating their website unlike the Peramax Online their website is updated and you can see the real time foreign exchange rate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the article on how to transfer money easily. Please Visit:

    Money Transfer Calculator

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? Your thoughts are always welcome here. Thanks for dropping by!