If humans did not discover a way to communicate through words, I can't imagine a world where people grunt, point and stump to get a message across. Google defines LANGUAGE as the method of human communication, spoken or written, that's made of words arranged in a structured or conventional way. I speak 3 languages: English, Filipino and my own dialect, Bicol. (There's still a debate on the difference between languages and dialects so OK, I will count Bicol as a language). I'm quite aware that I have not perfected those three yet so I use them with care and try to mind my grammar as much as possible.
Oopps, don't ever think for a second that I will bore you with all that stuff because the introduction is not at all the point of this post. Yes, it still has something to do with language but if you're not Pinoy or if you don't speak the Filipino language, please read NO further. But if you are and you understand Filipino or Tagalog, then read on my friend.
It's funny how sometimes we become creative with language and invent a version for our own amusement. For instance, Filipino homosexuals have what they call "swardspeak" (also known as "Bekimon" or "gay lingo") and when they talk among themselves, you might wonder whether you've gone insane or you've landed on the wrong planet. I received a BBM broadcast from @Varrylicious a few weeks ago and just thought that I'd share the content with you guys. It was quite a laugh and the list might surprise you on how language has definitely evolved in ways that you can't imagine.
Words/Terms That Needs To Be Added To Your Personal Dictionary
- THE EGG - kapag mas magaling s'ya sayo, "the egg" ka n'ya. Papa "the egg" ka ba?
- DUE CARE - if you're a fan of Batman movies, s'ya yung kalaban ni Batman, si "due care." Oo, s'ya talaga. You have to believe.
- IN SEX - these are small invertebrate animals, especially those with several pairs of legs. Halimbawa ng mga "in sex" ay ants, bees, bother fly, bugs...
- TO WAIT - eto yung sound na nililikha ng mga ibong pipit. "To wait, to wait!" Laking tate sila kaya 'wag magtaka.
- CITY - sa Spanish counting system, eto yung number bago mag ocho. Sais, "city," ocho...
- SHE CAN - the english term for manok. Fried "she can." Oh yeah!
- FAUCET - a type of lamang dagat with galamay. I don't eat "faucet" because. That's all, thank you. LOL!
- THE VALUE - in the English alphabet, the letter after V -- V, "the value," x, why, see. Yep, that's right. Do not be surprised.
- SHE FEEL YOU - eto yung gnagamit mo para mag toothbrush. Yaya, paabot ng "she feel you." Something like that.
- SICK RATE - mga bagay or kwento na kinuwento sa'yo pero 'di mo maaaring sabihin sa iba. "Sick rate" nga 'di ba?
- LAUGH IS - dumaan tayo lahat dito kasi when we started school, eto ginagamit pangsulat. "Laugh is" -- bow.
- A TRUST - kung tinitopak ka, eto yung lalakad ka nang pabalik. Kabaliktaran ng abante.
- TO WAITER - isang uri ng social networking site na pwede kang magfollow at mag-"to wait." O_o
- LOVING A NAME - numero na kasunod ng labinlima. Ikaw na.
- LOVE BEEN THERE - lighter shade ng color violet.
- CALL THERE OH! - kagamitan sa pagluluto ng kanin. Pwede din initan ng tubig kung walang takore. Call there oh!
- MY DOLL - eto yung tinatanggap ng mga matatalinong mag-aaral tuwing recognition day. (I almost did not get this, LOL!)
- HAVE A - pinauso 'ata 'to ng Showtime? Yan 'yung sinasabi kapag maganda at benta 'yung joke. "Have A!" Thanks to vice ganda. Haha!
- LOW FEET - ito'y sinasabi kapag nakakita ng astig na pangyayari o bagay. "Ang Low Feet ng porma mo pre! San ang lakad?" Like that.
- MAKE DOUGH - ang kalaban ng Jollibee. Slang lang no?
- KOREAN TEA - yan yung nawawala pag nag- brown out. "Ay shet! Ngayon pa nawalan ng korean tea!"
- FEARFUL - yung isa pang tawag sa color violet. "Teacher: Pedro, what's your peboret caller? Pedro: Fearful po mam!" Yung lighter shade nito, as mentioned above, is "love been there."
- FOLLOWED - ang sasabihin mo sa tindera para maloadan ang cellphone mo. "Ate, followed po. Smart po, kinse lang." Don't forget to get your sukli.
- TIMELINE - ang ibig sabihin ay malungkot o walang sigla.. “Bakit ang TIMELINE mo? Cheer up bro!"
- SURVEY TEST - tagalog ng ICE CREAM. "Manong pabili ho ng survey test!"
There you go folks! Hope I was able to enrich your vocabulary today. Will update this list from time to time so you can also update your personal dictionary. Pffftt!
If you have twitter, you can follow me here: yourkindofguy. Thanks for dropping, hope you had fun! See you on my next wandering.
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language#Languages_and_dialects
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swardspeak