Advertise Your Business with The Pinoy Wanderer

Let's Talk About Coffee

     I was not really a coffee lover though I grew up with parents drinking coffee over breakfast.  Those were the times when popular brands of instant coffee are bought in glasses and before you know it, you already have a dozen of them and you use these glasses to serve guests. LOL!




     When coffee shops sprouted like mushrooms all over Manila, they've become just too hard to ignore -- specially if they give options on how you can enjoy your coffee which is totally different from the way they used to be.



I recommended my recent favorite to my good friend Elle and she liked it...

     I'm kinda loyal to Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee though I know there are other coffee shops out there who can whip delightful coffee and offer various ways of enjoying our coffee experience and whatnot.

At La Mia Tazza in Embarcadero last year when I came home for a vacation.
     If ever you visit Bicol (my hometown), you won't see any Starbucks or Seattle's Best just yet.  But you can certainly try out La Mia Tazza.  I personally recommend Pili Tazzacino or Cookie Java Tazzacino (their version of SB/SBC's Java Chip).  (UPDATE 2019:  We already have Starbucks and local restaurants in the city started brewing their own version of frappucinos.  All good!)

Sometimes I compare which one has a better version.
 For Java Chip, Seattle's Best is the winner.

      My personal favorite four years ago was Java Chip.

     Then last year, I kinda became an advocate of green tea (will tell you about that on another post) and so... I've switched to Green Tea Cream Frap.  Not exactly coffee, right? Haha!  By the way, when something becomes my favorite, I always recommend it to friends.  Err, insist more like...


After hanging out with friends all night,
we usually grab some hot coffee before going home.
Disclaimer: I am not so drunk in this picture. LOL! 

     I kinda notice that every time I go out with friends, we usually end up having coffee towards the end.  So okay, we dine out, then coffee afterwards.  We watch a movie, have some pizza, then coffee afterwards.  We drink, we get drunk -- and guess what?  Coffee afterwards!


Advertisements





     I also like the way coffee shops offer ways of personalizing your drink.  And they have fantastic cakes too.  I am not an expert on cakes, but I certainly can tell which one is yummy and which is not.  Blueberry cheese cake is a personal favorite.  I'm sure a lot feels the same way. ☺

Starbucks' chocolate rum cheese cake is one of the best I've ever tasted!

(L-R) Marie, Jeb and myself.  Last Tuesday (September 13, 2011)
at Starbucks in Edsa Shangri-La.

     Your favorite coffee (and cake) is one great way to catch up with people you haven't seen in a while, or to just hang out with people you like.

     So how about you, what's you favorite coffee?

     Let me know in the comments' section below.  Thanks!
Show comments
Hide comments

25 comments:

  1. Wow! You're in love with coffee!!! LOL! I am not a coffee person though my husband drinks it during winter time. My mom-in-law gave him Keurig coffee maker and I liked the mocha and cappuccino flavors. We sometimes get coffee from Starbucks as well especially if somebody gives us girt certificate for Christmas. LOL!!! I enjoyed your blogs, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Embam! Thanks for the really warm support. Wow, you guys have a coffee maker, that's awesome!

      Delete
  2. Ako.. kahit na ano.. basta kape. Lol.. Timplang Starbucks man or Nescafe 3in1 lang, ayos na sa akin. I love coffee. It solves everything. lol. :D

    New blog, Myke.. :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you consider chocolate cream chip?? haha.. if not naman, okay lang because em not really on coffee.. more of chocolate drink, tea or this frap o bev.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha, anything will do ardee. As long as you like it, and yeah, tea is healthy so that's a really good choice. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. i like SBs' new mint java chip frap..but still nothing beats caramel dark roast coffee jelly frap, panalo ang jelly sa lambot(but the problem is, it's no longer available :(, di daw bumenta sa pinoy??) btw, working na ang batangmangyan.com! bisita na!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u should come to my hometown which famous with TENOM COFFEE..btw tenom is a name of a place~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds really interesting, tenom coffee. Thanks neesa_jun!

      Delete
  6. Those were the days when you can buy instant coffee in a nice design glass which can be used as a drinking glass. You can say, two birds in one stone. coffee and glass, right? Nowadays, coffee that is being sold at the store there in the Philippines, they're in packs or in plastic jars.

    I am caffeine sensitive so I only buy coffee for my hubby. But, once in a while I indulge myself and I go to Starbucks but I have to close my eyes when I pay $5 for a tall glass of mocha something..(my pocket says, ouch..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those were the days! And hey, don't worry, they got drinks that are totally caffeine free! You can try my favorite, green tea cream. ☺

      Delete
  7. Try to visit also Coffeeworks, they have branch in Sm north edsa, gma kamuning and cagayan de oro, i love there coffee! I also love starbucks and seattle's best! This is cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey vandro, yeah, I saw Coffeeworks from your blog. Will check it out one time. Thanks bud!

      Delete
  8. hello sir mike, i looovee coffee too. i grew up where we harvest coffee so its part of growing up. we called it "Kapeng Barako" :D. Above what u said is so true :) caught my attn. cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for visiting. Btw, do I know you? Haha, I was just taken aback with you calling me sir. Anyway, let me know where I can contact you so I can say my thanks. Keep in touch!

      Delete
  9. I live in Indonesia, I like coffee too. The most I like coffee, is coffee Torabika Cappucino.aroma torabika its fragrant and add condensed milk when the coffee is becoming more perfect. if you come to Indonesia, to Bali as possible, try the coffee there is also good.^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the tip. One day if I visit Indonesia, will sure to try that one out. Thanks buddy!

      Delete
  10. Hi, Myke!
    Honestly ... I love Coffee!
    I can not live without coffee!
    Pure, with milk, cream, with sugar, sweetener ... Hot or cold!
    I can live without water, but never without coffee! ... Ahahahaha
    In my work I drink coffee all day!
    God bless this "liquid black gold" - What an exaggeration! ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Clark! Haha, yeah, good thing someone invented coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer coffeebean's caramel macchiato and their cakes than starbucks. In an instant coffee I like Kopiko "Astig" nakakagising talaga hehehe :) I Love Coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, and I'm glad to be with you on such rarity. Thanks Elle! Miss you. ☺

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? Your thoughts are always welcome here. Thanks for dropping by!